Welcome to GER to GER Mongolia!
You are only a few clicks away from amazing cultural eco adventures along nomadic travel routes across the Gobi Desert, vast open Steppes, river valleys and mountain passes by horseback riding, camels, ox carts, trekking, visiting home-stays and more with nomadic families across Mongolia
You are on your way to becoming a responsible explorer, cultural ecotourism ambassador and change-maker!
Hi my name is Mr. Zanjan Fromer, CEO/Founder and I operate nationwide ecotourism initiatives across Mongolia with my long-time partner and co-founder, Ms. Bayarsuren Yalalt, we offer individual trips, packaged trips and special interest trips that are eco-friendly with the mission of sustaining the destinations. We are specialized in providing a truly unique method of experiencing the Mongolia; travelers will receive a pre-departure training before their overland expeditions and/or nomadic family centered, point to point, cultural eco adventure with Mongolian nomads across vast geographical terrains (deserts, mountains, river valleys, steppes, etc.) by horseback, camels, ox carts, trekking and more! As a team we have successfully established nationwide community-based ecotourism travel routes that extends 11,000 square kilometers (7,000+ miles) across 10 Provinces or States of Mongolia’s geographical terrains.
Imagine how the ancient explorers of the past traveled the globe i.e. Marco Polo, Roy Chapman Andrews, etc., the raw sense of cultural immersion with the locals, the adventure and excitement of the expedition! That’s GER to GER, a fusion of ancient and modern day experiences; an ancient nomadic lifestyle existing in a remote corner of the world in-between Russia and China. GER to GER responsibly shares knowledge with the locals and all travelers (pre-departure) to ensure that as you travel with the nomads across vast geographies that includes deserts, mountains, river valleys, open and vast Mongolian Steppes, your travel mentality is that of an early Explorer; rather than your standard “Tourist” or “Backpacker”. This sort of trip is perfect for those travelers wishing to experience travel like a Mongolian and immersing themselves into their daily nuances (lifestyle, etc.) like the early Explorers. GER to GER is suitable for avid adventurers, humanitarians, individuals, couples, groups and families both young and old that are wishing for a unique local adventure that will take you along an itinerary but also has the flexibility to take you on those unexpected cultural and exploring detours which makes it often a more authentic cultural ecotourism experience.
Nearly a Decade of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Travel to Support Rural Nomadic Families Across Mongolia
How Good is GER to GER in Generating Benefits for the Locals?
Our package trips are designed for travel agencies that sustains our organization, however, our independent trips responsibly returns approximately 70%-80% of generated annual revenues to the locals as apart of our sustainable livelihoods Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Mission which is audited by the Mongolian Government. GER to GER is proud to be Mongolia’s first Tour Operator/Agency that was designed to incorporate a strong CSR Mission into its overall nationwide operations. In accordance, The GER to GER Foundation, an official Mongolian Government certified Humanitarian NGO, continues to operate via its own funding and by in-kind donations made to it through our partnership with Give2Asa; a globally recognized USA 501c3 charity organization. GER to GER Foundation has been successfully audited by numerous international agencies (including but not limited to): Swiss Agency for International Development, United States Agency for International Development, The Asian Foundation, and more.
Annually, GER to GER manages the involvement of both direct/indirect local human resources totaling 1,000+/- in addition to the 100s of annual international travelers is a testament to our operational logistical capabilities; the very same capabilities used towards managing 100s of successful projects and programs. Today, as we continue to operate across Mongolia’s vast geographical terrains we are furthering our social economic development goals; here are just a few success stories from thousands:
- More than a million dollars have been directly injected into Mongolia’s local economies.
- Extremely remote nomadic communities have been systematically included into the initiatives sustainably.
- Costly outreach health initiatives that benefit a few hundred nomads/locals have been enhanced to reach between 4,000 to 5,000 at 1/10 the traditional cost.
- Diversification of rural job markets owing to increased level of demand on supply and value chains.
- Today over 6,000 international travelers have been trained on Responsible EcoTravel and GeoTourism; to which rural health and safety has been maintained well above 99% since 2005 till today.
GER to GER is well established with a Global Visibility exceeding 80% of the world’s territories via our online and offline works; from rural locations throughout Mongolia all the way up to the global social economic supply and value chains around the world (ITB Germany, WTM and Adventure Travel Show London, Hong Kong, COTTM China, etc.).
GER to GER and Mr. Zanjan Fromer have received numerous international awards and honors:
- 2008-2014 GER to GER Reviewed by Lonely Planet “…most innovative tourism concept in Mongolia, …top of every traveller’s wish list…”
- 2006-2014 GER to GER listed as Lonely Planet – Trans-Siberian Guide Book
- 2006, 2012, 2013 Short list of Zanjan Fromer – IMDb – International Film – Internet Media Database
- 2012 GER to GER listed asNational Geographic’s “World’s Best Travel Experiences” #8 – GERtoGER.org
- 2010 GER to GER Recognized by National Geographic as one of World’s Innovative Travel Entrepreneurs
- 2009 GER to GER listed as Top Ten Global Finalist of National Geographic Society and Ashoka Changemakers “Power of Place” GeoTourism Challenge – Global Finalists Guide Book
- 2009 GER to GER Interview with National Geographic Society Weekend Broadcast: Geotourism Challenge finalist Zanjan Fromer is the founder and executive director of Ger to Ger. Fromer joins Boyd in the studio to talk geotourism in Mongolia and how you too can be a nomad in the Gobi Desert.
- 2009-10 GER to GER awarded TourDust Scholarship Winners
- 2009 GER to GER awarded WHL Travel’s Urban Adventures Award
- 2008 GER to GER officially reviewed as a case study by UNESCAP at its Sixty-third session – Page 14
- 2007 GER to GER officially awarded a USAID Grant to develop the Middle Gobi Desert Region of Mongolia
- 2006 GER to GER officially selected to host the CBS’s The Amazing Race in Terelj National Park’s GER to GER Nomadic Families
- 2005 Ger to GER officially award a Swiss Agency for International Development grant to develop Arhangai Province