What Makes GER to GER Unique?
We are Professional Humanitarian Explorers that focus on Non-Genetically Modified Humanitarian Travel and Packaged Expeditions
Most of GER to GER is centered around developing non-genetically modified method or humanitarian approach to exploring cultures and remote geographies which “aims to professionally train” International Travelers to become culturally sensitive ethnographic explorers, cultural ambassadors, humanitarians and social economic developers; training includes: history, cross-cultural comprehension, ethnography, health, safety, navigation, language, etc.
Our Humanitarian Trips focus on “Non-Public Zoo” and “Non-Captivity Tourism” or “Free-Ranging” methodologies with local nomadic tribes and communities; which means you’ll been trained on how to go with the local flow and its time “to go all out local native”.
As for our Packaged Trips, these are for those that enjoy more of a western/European approach, comfort, times, schedules, standards, etc., of travel but still want to support a humanitarian-approach without going 100% local native.
GER to GER Offers Two Main Types of Travel
1) Humanitarian Trips a.k.a “Going All Out Native” (Community Based Tourism Routes) – Though simple and humble, they are designed to be ‘value for money’ as these trips grant travelers unparalleled access into nomadic lifestyles while locals earn ethical incomes by providing all food, accommodations, transportation (horses, camels, ox carts, etc.), activities, and more. They are designed with the rural communities to provide unique insights into nomadic lifestyle – great for culturally “responsible” travelers, explorers and travel photographers; generally, anyone who is interested in real cultural immersion and enjoys the flexibility of local-flows in outback travel and non-touristic method of adventure travel. Note: All Humanitarian Trips and Homestays are 100% managed and operated by locals and nomadic families; GER to GER Office operates ONLY AS A Humanitarian “Travel Agent” for communities (non-tour operator).
2) All Inclusive Expeditions a.k.a “Going All Out Expeditioner” (Packaged Trips) – designed, managed and operated by GER to GER Office as a Certified Tour Operator across Mongolia. GER to GER designs it itineraries with a unique approach as we strive to combine the best of ‘off the path’ and Mongolia’s traditional highlights; sometimes we’ll include some of our rural community-based tourism locations into our itineraries! GER to GER’s professionals have been operating throughout Mongolia for a couple decades managing everything from film/tv productions, humanitarian and social economic development initiatives and more; it’s from these experiences that we bring you Mongolia. Note: These are all-inclusive trips and tours that are outfitted with interpreters/guides, drivers, jeeps, etc., that combine the best of outback exploration and leisure travel – these itineraries are designed, 100% managed by GER to GER Agency (tour operator) and carried-out in accordance with the requirements of western/European travel requirements and expectations. In 2015, GER to GER received highest recognitions via its international partnerships on client satisfaction.
Choose Your Style or Service…
‘Going All Out Native or All Out Expeditioner’
Flights & Trains
IT’S OUR PASSION THAT OPENS THE DOOR of MONGOLIA
“Yes, statistically GER to GER has a well-proven history as one of the world’s premiere examples of community based tourism, destination development and ecotravel with all the due diligences, recognitions, honors, awards and financial records to prove we lead the way in ‘giving back’ to rural nomadic tribes and communities. However, today we would like to express something quite different – we would like to highlight “our passion” as humanitarian explorers.
Owing to our humanitarian/community based tourism approach and countless sacrifices over the last decade, one can only imagine our endeavors have been full of adventures and countless learning experiences. GER to GER as a ‘social enterprise’ has expanded its operations towards fostering rural inhabitants and nomadic tribes to become equal stakeholders by proactively developing their capacities and skills in community based ecotourism; thanks to the initial in kind-support of the Swiss Agency for International Development/Cooperation and USAID. Today, locals are becoming the protagonists of social economic development and in conservation/environmental initiatives. After a decade of successful operations, GER to GER has become one of the world’s longest lasting testaments of how Responsible Tourism can be developed, operated and sustained 100% by local inhabitants.
After 10+ years, our nomadic tribes and rural communities throughout Mongolia have learned a lot and are starting to provide unmatched “non-genetically modified” travel expedition services that are truly inherent of Mongolia’s nomadic lifestyles. GER to GER is truly a successful union of Mongolia’s ancient ways of exploration and today’s desire for more socially and economically responsible active adventure travel and exploration.
We kindly desire to invite you all to experience both styles of travel from our humble Humanitarian Trips to full-fledge expedition style trips that offer the best of the both worlds; rural communities and the highlights of Mongolia in comfort.”
Mr. Zanjan Fromer, Founder – on behalf of the GER to GER TEAM
Over a Decade of Successful Due Diligences, Recognitions, Achievements, Honors and Partnerships
Emmy and DGA Awarded “The Amazing Race”
Professional Production Management and Fixer Support for International Documentary Films and Reality TV
Mr. Zanjan Fromer of GER to GER is also a film-industry professional and provides international-level film and tv production logistics that includes all pre-production, production and post production logistical support; CBS’s The Amazing Race – Season 10, Episode 2 was awarded both an Emmy and the prized DGA (Mongolia – Overall Country Production Fixer/Point Person – short-list of Mr. Zanjan Fromer’s duties: all research and scouting/ location(s) lock-downs/ all production locations (ground/air) setups/ management/ production paperworks/ contracts/ sub-contracts/ all local budgets (and wrap-ups)/ support/ all production logistics and coordination – local HR to Production VIPs and Executive Producers/ secured communication networks/ safety; security/ first responders/ talent/ and etc. Local Nomadic Talent: GER to GER Nomadic Families) – Click here to visit the official online IMDb Listing , etc.
- 2015 “THE MINISTERIAL GOLD STAR – MEDAL OF HONOR FOR LEADERSHIP” with its GOVERNMENT PASSPORT BOOK AND SEAL
- 2015 WTM London Travel Expo – an Official Representative Company approved by the Mongolian Government
- 2015 ITB Berlin, Germany Travel Expo – an Official Representative Company approved by the Mongolian Government
- 2006-Today Official Partner of Give2Asia (USA501c3)
- 2005-Pres. IMDb Profile and Some Client Listings
- 2014 Certified Member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- 2008-2014 Lonely Planet “…most innovative tourism concept in Mongolia, …top of every traveller’s wish list…”
- 2014 ITB Berlin, Germany Travel Expo – an Official Representative Company approved by the Mongolian Tourism Association
- 2014 Adventure Travel Show London Exhibitor
- 2014 Hong Kong Adventure International Travel Exhibition – Exhibitor
- 2013 Ranked #4 in France’s Lonely Planet “Top 10 Destinations“
- 2013 WTM London International Travel Exhibition – Exhibitor – an Approved Official Country Representative Company
- 2013 Rough Guides – Meet the Locals – How to Immerse Yourself on Your Local Travels
- 2012 COTTM Beijing, China International Travel Exhibition – Exhibitor
- 2012 National Geographic’s “World’s Best Travel Experiences” #8 – GERtoGER.org
- 2010 National Geographic Society – Geotourism Ambassadorship
- 2010 National Geographic Society – Global Finalist Certificate
- 2010 Honored by National Geographic as one of World’s Innovative Travel Entrepreneurs
- 2009 Top Ten Global Finalist of National Geographic Society and Ashoka Changemakers “Power of Place” GeoTourism Challenge
- 2009 WHL Travel’s Urban Adventures Award
- 2009 Tour Dust’s Scholarship Award
- 2009 National Geographic Society’s Weekend Broadcast
- 2007 United States Agency for International Development Grant Winner
- 2007 Officially recommended by UNESCAP at its 63rd Session – Page 14
- 2006-07 Established the Give2Asia.org – GER to GER Fund with the Assistance of Loreena McKennitt (internationally famed Singer) and The Asian Foundation
- 2006 Official Partner of the CBS’s The Amazing Race: Season 10 Episode 2
- 2005 Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation Grant Winner
- 2005 World Bank Tender Partner – Cross-Industry Supply Chain and Competitiveness Study and Analysis
GER to GER Experts are indeed internationally recognized multi-industry professionals – filmmakers, explorers, social economic developers and humanitarians that design travel experiences for ‘Ethnographic Explorers’. Ethnographic Explorers are those that wish to have deeper genuine and intimate cultural experiences (as the locals truly live and interact with their environs) than theme-park sightseeing tourists or travelers; 100% controlled environments.
So you’ve read this much…
Are You Ready to Explore Mongolia!
Here a few Featured Packages to get your started…
Finances from trips helps support our Humanitarian and Social Economic Development Initiatives
Mongolia Overland Trips
Mongolia Horseback Riding Trips
Mongolia Trekking and Hiking Trips
Mongolia Gobi Desert Trips
Mongolia Cultural HomeStays
Show Some Love to the Nomadic Families
Share Your Adventure by Hashtag #GERtoGER on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!