1. Who Are We? Welcome to GER to GER Mongolia!
Initially established as a humanitarian-led community-based tourism initiative (SDC/USAID funded two locations) with very humble beginnings, GER to GER has quickly emerged as an industry power-house and nationwide Social Enterprise (both a Travel Agency/Operator and Humanitarian Organization with a USA 501c3 Charity Fund via Give2Asia.org) that supports nomadic family centered travel route development along 11,000 sq.kms of mountains, deserts, steppes, etc. GER to GER has been honored with over a decade of Global Recognitions including being the first/only recognized Mongolian Geotourism Agency by the United Nations Economic Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (UNESCAP), National Geographic Society and many others; including the recent “Ministerial Medal of Honor for Leadership” (the Country’s second highest Medal of Honor was awarded to Mr. Zanjan Fromer (Founder) and is the first American in Mongolian History to receive such an Honor – Ministry of Environment, Green Development and Tourism). Its GER to GER’s mission to prep international travelers to become Ethnographic Explorers (kinda like a mountaineering course for both beginners/experts – it’s apart of our liabilities) so that you may both respectfully and safely travel as “knowledgeable guests” in accordance with ancient Mongolian cultural traditions experienced during the early explorers’ era i.e. Marco Polo or Roy Chapman Andrews from nomadic family to nomadic family across vast and epic geographical terrains as done since the ancient days; before and after Mongolia’s Great Emperor, Chingis Khan.
Emmy and DGA Awarded “The Amazing Race” – Professional Film/TV Production Support
Mr. Zanjan Fromer of GER to GER is also a film-industry professional and provides international-level film and tv production logistics that includes all pre-production, production and post production logistical support; CBS’s The Amazing Race – Season 10, Episode 2 was awarded both an Emmy and the prized DGA (Mongolia – Overall Country Production Fixer/Point Person – short-list of Mr. Zanjan Fromer’s duties: all research and scouting/ location(s) lock-downs/ all production locations (ground/air) setups/ management/ production paperworks/ contracts/ sub-contracts/ all local budgets (and wrap-ups)/ support/ all production logistics and coordination – local HR to Production VIPs and Executive Producers/ secured communication networks/ safety & security/ first responders/ talent/ and etc. Local Nomadic Talent: GER to GER Nomadic Families) – Click here to visit the official online IMDb Listing , etc.
GER to GER Experts are internationally recognized industry professionals – filmmakers, explorers, social economic developers and humanitarians that design travel experiences for ‘Ethnographic Explorers’. Ethnographic Explorers are those that wish to have deeper genuine and intimate cultural experiences (as the locals truly live and interact with their environs) than theme-park sightseeing tourists or travelers; 100% controlled environments.
2. What Does GER to GER Offer? Rugged Ethnographic Explorations and Leisure Expedition Travel
GER to GER Definition of “Ethnographic Exploration” – a non-touristic, humanitarian, method of exploring cultures and remote geographies which aims to train “International Travelers” to become culturally sensitive ethnographic explorers, cultural ambassadors, humanitarians and social economic developers; training includes: history, cross-cultural comprehension, ethnography, health, safety, navigation, language, etc.
GER to GER Offers Two Main Types of Travel
1) Rugged Ethnographic Explorations (Community Based Tourism Routes) “Humanitarian Budget Trips” – 100% managed and operated by locals and nomadic families; GER to GER Office operates ONLY AS A Humanitarian Travel Agent for Community Trips. All Humanitarian Budget Trips are non-tour operator community-based Cultural Travel Products/Services. These are simple, yet value for money (food, accommodations, activities, etc., are generally included), and are designed to provide unparalleled insights into nomadic lifestyle – great for culturally “responsible” travelers, explorers and travel photographers; generally, anyone who is interested in real cultural immersion and enjoys the flexibility of local-flows in outback travel.
2) Leisure Expeditions (Packaged Trips) – designed, managed and operated by GER to GER Office as a Certified Tour Operator across Mongolia. These are industry-standard trips and tours that are outfitted with interpreters/guides, drivers, jeeps, etc., that combine the best of outback exploration and leisure travel – these itineraries are designed and carried-out in accordance with the requirements of western/european travel requirements and expectations.
Mongolia Solo Budget Trips
Mongolia Packaged Trips
Mongolia Special Interest Trips
Mongolia Winter Trips
Film and TV
You are on your way to becoming a responsible explorer, cultural ecotourism ambassador and change-maker!
Safety and Expertise via Sustainable GeoTourism Agency
In 10 years, well over 6,000+ international travelers have been trained and traveled Responsibly across Mongolia;
A Big “Howdy!” from the Founder
“Hi my name is Mr. Zanjan Fromer (Alaskan Native), I’m a multi-industry specialist with decades of professional experiences (film, digital media, marketing, tourism, destination development, social economic development, humanitarian, etc.) and I am the Founder of GER to GER Agency and Foundation. Today, I operate this nationwide ecotourism initiative with my long-time partner and co-founder, Ms. Bayarsuren Yalalt (industry specialist and humanitarian), we offer individual trips, packaged trips and special interest trips that are eco-friendly with the mission of sustaining the destinations. After a Professional Training (like Mountaineering, etc.), you’ll be prepped for your overland expedition and/or nomadic family centered, point to point, cultural eco adventure with Mongolian nomads across vast geographical terrains (deserts, mountains, river valleys, steppes, etc.) by horseback, camels, ox carts, trekking and more!
Imagine how the ancient explorers of the past traveled the globe i.e. Marco Polo, Roy Chapman Andrews, etc., the raw sense of cultural immersion with the locals, the adventure and excitement of the expedition! That’s GER to GER, a fusion of ancient and modern day experiences; an ancient nomadic lifestyle existing in a remote corner of the world in-between Russia and China. GER to GER responsibly shares knowledge with the locals and all travelers (pre-departure) to ensure that as you travel with nomads across Mongolia – your mentality is that of an early Explorer rather than a standard “Tourist” or “Backpacker”. This sort of trip is perfect for those travelers wishing to experience travel like a Mongolian and immersing themselves into their daily nuances (lifestyle, etc.) like the early Explorers. GER to GER is suitable for avid adventurers, humanitarians, individuals, couples, groups and families both young and old that are wishing for a unique local adventure that will take you along an itinerary but also has the flexibility to take you on those unexpected cultural and exploring detours which makes it often a more authentic cultural ecotourism experience.”
A DECADE OF INTERNATIONAL HONORS and RECOGNITIONS
- 2005-Pres. IMDb Profile and Some Client Listings
- 2014 Certified Member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- 2006-Today Official Partner of Give2Asia (USA501c3)
- 2008-2014 Lonely Planet “…most innovative tourism concept in Mongolia, …top of every traveller’s wish list…”
- 2013 Rough Guides – Meet the Locals – How to Immerse Yourself on Your Local Travels
- 2012 National Geographic’s “World’s Best Travel Experiences” #8 – GERtoGER.org
- 2010 National Geographic Society – Geotourism Ambassadorship
- 2010 National Geographic Society – Global Finalist Certificate
- 2010 Honored by National Geographic as one of World’s Innovative Travel Entrepreneurs
- 2009 Top Ten Global Finalist of National Geographic Society and Ashoka Changemakers “Power of Place” GeoTourism Challenge
- 2009 WHL Travel’s Urban Adventures Award
- 2009 Tour Dust’s Scholarship Award
- 2009 National Geographic Society’s Weekend Broadcast
- 2007 United States Agency for International Development Grant Winner
- 2007 Officially recommended by UNESCAP at its 63rd Session – Page 14
- 2006-07 Established the Give2Asia.org – GER to GER Fund with the Assistance of Loreena McKennitt (internationally famed Singer) and The Asian Foundation
- 2006 Official Partner of the CBS’s The Amazing Race: Season 10 Episode 2
- 2005 Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation Grant Winner
- 2005 World Bank Tender Winner – Cross-Industry Supply Chain and Competitiveness Study and Analysis
Awarded the “Ministerial Medal of Honor for Leadership” – Country’s Second Highest Medal of HonorOn September 29 (2015), Mr. Zanjan Fromer has become the First American in Mongolian history to be awarded the “Medal of Honor for Leadership” from the Ministry of Environment, Green Development and Tourism – Minister N. Battsereg; in dedication to Mr. Fromer’s career and contributions made as humanitarian in tourism throughout Mongolia.
Photo (left to right): Ms. Bayarsuren Yalalt (Co-Founder) and Mr. Zanjan Fromer (Founder) of GER to GER Agency and Foundation
“I would like to express my deepest respect and gratitude to the Ministry, my partner/colleague (Ms. Bayarsuren Yalalt), GER to GER staff, all the nomadic families across Mongolia, international travelers around the world, domestic/international partners and everyone else (past projects, donors, tourism associations, etc., the ‘thank you list’ is long – simply, “Thank You” to all those who’ve lifted me up in life and believed in my initiatives; this indeed is an accumulative honor!!!)” – Mr. Zanjan Fromer – Professional Portfolio Website
This 2015, a total of 13 Honors were awarded to GER to GER by the Ministry and the Mongolian Tourism Association (1 “Ministerial Medal of Honor for Leadership” to the Founder, 2 Ministerial Recognitions to Nomadic Families and 10 Mongolian Tourism Association Recognitions to Nomadic Families).
Are You Ready to Explore Mongolia!
Here a few Featured Packages to get your started…
Finances from trips helps support our Humanitarian and Social Economic Development Initiatives
Mongolia Overland Trips
Mongolia Horseback Riding Trips
Mongolia Trekking and Hiking Trips
Mongolia Gobi Desert Trips
Mongolia Cultural Home-Stays
Be Culturally Smart, Travel Locally Smart and
Globally be a Humanitarian!
Mongolian Proverb “A Person with a Tongue is a Person with Feet”; If you speak with comprehension you will go far
Mongolian Proverb “If the Master Endeavors, Destiny shall Endeavor”; Strive for life and Life will strive for you
ETHICALLY SHARING TOURISM REVENUES WITH RURAL COMMUNITIES and NOMADIC FAMILIES ACROSS MONGOLIA
More than a million dollars have been directly injected into Mongolia’s local economies, 100s of human resources across the country have been trained and new job markets created by our social economic value and supply chain advancement methodologies via Sustainable GeoTourism.
Nearly a Decade of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Travel to Support Rural Nomadic Families Across Mongolia
Our package trips are designed for travel agencies that sustains our organization, however, our independent trips responsibly returns approximately 70%-80% of generated annual revenues to the locals as apart of our sustainable livelihoods Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Mission which is audited by the Mongolian Government. GER to GER is proud to be Mongolia’s first Tour Operator/Agency that was designed to incorporate a strong CSR Mission into its overall nationwide operations. In accordance, The GER to GER Foundation, an official Mongolian Government certified Humanitarian NGO, continues to operate via its own funding and by in-kind donations made to it through our partnership with Give2Asa; a globally recognized USA 501c3 charity organization. GER to GER Foundation has been successfully audited by numerous international agencies (including but not limited to): Swiss Agency for International Development, United States Agency for International Development, The Asian Foundation, and more.
Annually, GER to GER manages the involvement of both direct/indirect local human resources totaling 1,000+/- in addition to the 100s of annual international travelers is a testament to our operational logistical capabilities; the very same capabilities used towards managing 100s of successful projects and programs. Today, as we continue to operate across Mongolia’s vast geographical terrains we are furthering our social economic development goals.
Today, GER to GER is well established as Mongolia’s leading CSR Agency/Operator with a Global Visibility exceeding 80% of the world’s territories via our online and offline works; from rural locations throughout Mongolia all the way up to the global social economic supply and value chains around the world (ITB Germany, WTM and Adventure Travel Show London, Hong Kong, COTTM China, etc.).